We are getting a few small projects done around the course. Chris has been wanting to redesign the flower bed on number 1 tee for sometime now. When we cleared the lake bank by 16 Dye tee we found quite a bit of large landscape rocks that we removed. We decided that these could be put to good use by building separate flower beds inside the large landscape bed on number 1. We have 2 beds completed and have 2 to go. Pictures will follow once we complete the project.
We have also been busying picking up sticks and branches around the golf course as well as aerifying roughs. We have an old aerifier that we pull behind the tractor that is perfect for this practice. The plugs that are pulled out will break apart from the freezing and thawing over winter and will be gone by spring. We are trying to do all roughs around greens, tees, and fairways and high traffic areas are getting aerified 2 to 3 times. This should help alleviate compaction from carts and mowers and help some of these thin areas next season.